Self-Enroll in MFA: Smartphone
From Sarah Cocks on September 13th, 2021
Self-Enroll with MFA
3. Click Enable MFA for [Your Name].
4. Then click the link to continue setting up verification options.
5. Then, click Next.
Verification Option 1: Smartphone or Tablet with Apps
1. Under Step 1: How Should We Contact You, use the dropdown menu to select mobile app (recommended with an app-capable smartphone or tablet).
2. Select the option Receive notifications for verification.
3. Then click Set Up.
4. A QR code will appear and a prompt to configure the mobile app.
Configure the Microsoft Authenticator App
1. On your smartphone, search the App store (Apple) or Google Play (Android) for Microsoft Authenticator App. Download and install on your device.
2. Open the app. Tap I Agree.
3. Tap Scan a QR Code.
4. Give the camera permission if prompted.
5. With your phone, scan the QR code that appeared on the computer pop-up. Then tap “MNSCU [your account}.
6. When you see a six digit code, click Next on your computer.
7. Click Next again. You will get a notification from Microsoft Authenticator on your mobile device. Tap Approve on that device.
8. If prompted, enter your personal phone unlock PIN/password or your thumbprint.
Complete Authentication Set-Up
It’s important to set up backups in case the app isn’t working and you still need to get in your account!
1. Under Step 2 and Step 3, enter your country code and phone number.
2. Then click Done.